-For studio sessions, my studio is located in the quiet, little town of Grayson, GA, between Lawrenceville and Loganville. For on-location sessions, there is a huge variety of locations we can choose from all over Gwinnett and other surrounding counties. There is a travel fee for on-location settings more than 30 miles from my studio.
ABOUT NEWBORN SESSIONS
-It is best to book your newborn session at least 2-3 months prior to your due date. If you have passed that time frame, don’t fret! Please contact me as soon as possible to inquire about possible openings.
-The perfect time to capture beautiful images of your newborn is between 4-12 days old. They are very sleepy at this age which makes for an easier session for us all! After we have booked your session, please make sure to call me as soon as possible after you deliver so that we can finalize a newborn session date.
– I have a full supply of newborn wraps, bonnets, props, etc. for your session so please don’t feel obligated to bring any of these to your session. If there is an item of great sentimental importance to you, bring that item and we will attempt to include it in your session.
– Siblings are welcome to take part in your newborn session! If siblings are going to come, please bring along someone who can assist you with them. When we are finalizing your newborn session date, let me know that you are bringing the siblings and I will plan to have their part of the session at the very beginning. This will allow the siblings to be able to go home if they get tired as these session do tend to be a little long for young ones. For in-studio newborn sessions, there are also several nearby parks for the siblings to play at (with an adult) if that is a better option for your family.-
– For at least 2 days before your session try to avoid foods that can make baby gassy. We want to do everything possible to make sure that your baby is comfortable during the session. Some foods to avoid include:
*Acidic foods such as lemons, oranges, berries, pizza, spaghetti, chili, and tomato
*Vegetables that can cause gas such as asparagus, onions, broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower.
*Carbonated drinks and caffeine drinks such as tea and coffee
WHAT TO WEAR
– Timeless clothing in organic colors lend themselves to beautiful photographs.
– For newborn sessions, parents and siblings should be dressed in a neutral color palette (ex. whites, tans, creams, grays). Make sure your shirts have no buttons, collars, or patterns as these will distract from the beautiful simplicity of your new baby.
– For baby sessions, simple is best. White Onesies and rompers really keep the focus on your baby. In keeping with my style, some of your baby’s portraits will also be sans clothing (only for babies up to 12 months of age). Khakis, jeans, and neutral vintage-style dresses are also cute options. I do have a few romper selections in studio as well.
– For child sessions, anything goes! Dress them in whatever you feel accentuates their personality the most.
– For maternity sessions; long, flowing dresses (especially ones with empire waists) are beautiful when photographed. I also have a selection of fabrics that we can use as wraps. You are also welcome to bring a change of clothing to the session. Form-fitting shirts that accentuate your belly is are great choice for this type of session as well as pre-pregnancy jeans that we can leave unbuttoned. Try to avoid large, baggy clothing.
– For boudoir maternity session, bring undergarments that make you feel beautiful. I also have several wraps to choose from for that perfect ethereal look.
-If you are interested in hair and make-up for your session, please let me know as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made for your own personal make-up artist. *There is an extra fee for this service*
ON THE DAY OF YOUR NEWBORN SESSION
-Before your session, give your little one a warm bath (or a sponge bath if they umbilical cord is still attached). Then keep your baby awake as long as possible after the bath. As you notice your little one getting sleepy, feed your baby. Make sure he/she eats really well before you leave for your session,
-When you arrive for your session, if your baby is still sleeping soundly, I will gently get him/her out of the car seat and begin the session immediately. This way, your baby will not smell mommy and immediately want to nurse/have a bottle. However, if your little one is showing signs of hunger, we will start the session with another full feeding to get your baby nice and sleepy.
– On the day of your session, dress your baby in loose clothing that is easy to remove without waking the baby too much. Please do not dress your baby in socks on the day of your session because they leave pressure marks on their ankles.
-Things to bring: pacifiers, plenty of diapers and wipes, a soft blanket, and PLENTY of formula if you are formula feeding.
-Newborn sessions are very relaxed and laid-back. Please know that your baby is “in charge” on the day of his/her session. The length of the session can be 2 hours for an incredibly sleepy baby or up to 4 hours if your baby isn’t easily settled. I only ever schedule 1 newborn on any given day so that we never feel rushed. This is your day to sit back, relax, and enjoy the memories being created. You are welcome (and encouraged) to bring drinks and snacks to my studio and anything else you need for comfort during the session.
-And last but not least, it is not a matter of IF, but of WHEN, your baby will pee and poop during the session. Don’t worry…this is normal and expected! Please bring a change of clothing if you plan on having your picture made with your baby. Chances are you will need them.
-PLEASE let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to meeting you and your precious new baby!